You are here
HHBC Tournament Rules
- All boats must meet USCG and IL Safety Regulations. Anglers must wear their PFD (Life Jacket) while gas engine is running.
- No Alcohol allowed during tournament hours.
- Boats must display supplied flagging tape during tournament hours.
- All livewells will be inspected prior to take off.
- Only Casting & Spinning tackle with artificial bait may be used.(No Live Bait !)
- An aerated livewell or cooler is required in all boats.
- No fish will be placed on a stringer or in a basket. Those doing so will be Disqualified!
- During take off, All boats will idle until their number is called.
- Teams will fish together and must remain in the boat and in sight of each other during tournament hours and weigh in.
- Scoring will be by total weight of number of legal bass allowed. Length & limit will be announced at registration or pre-launch meeting.
- Any team weighing a short fish will lose the weight of the short fish and the teams heaviest fish from their total weight. Compare your rule with the official ruler if needed.
- Ties for total weight broken by teams heaviest fish, Ties for big bass broken by teams total weight.
- 0.25 lb will be deducted per dead fish.
- All fish must be returned to the water alive. No Culling of Dead Fish anyone caught will be disqualified!
- Late Penalty: 1 lb deducted for each minute late. Teams or Anglers are disqualified at 15 mins past check in time. Official time monitored by tournament official.
- All contestants must be at least 18 yrs of age, unless participating with a parent or legal guardian.
- All contestants must carry a up to date IL fishing license.
- "Off Limits" will be announced at registration or pre-launch meeting. Those caught fishing in "Off Limits" area's, will be Disqualified!
- All protests must be filed in writing to the tournament director within 30 mins of the end of the tournament, Tournament Directors decision will be final.
- Entry to be paid in full at registration or pre-registration.